Last week I bought a set of my favorite Scripture guide books, Companion. I had never owned my own Companion before, but I had always thought it was special. Today is my first Sunday reading it, and it brought me to a page called the “Sabbath pause”.
It basically asked to be filled with three lists: what I am thankful for in the past week, what I am praying for in the following week, and what were God’s most important messages to me this week. I thought I would write them down in entry form so I could ponder on them more properly.
What I’m Thankful For in the Past Week
- I just got two plastic bags worth of food and other presents from my parents, from abroad. So I am thankful for my family, who never seem to tire of spoiling me.
- My mom used to call us “so blessed to be stressed”, and she was always right. My finals are right around the corner and ready to kill me, but I am thankful because it is a challenge that I am privileged to have.
- Along the line of school, I am thankful for my favorite student organization, the Ateneo Book Bench, who surround me with wit, purpose and escape.
- I am happy and grateful to have Boy, who makes it his life purpose to look after me and spoil me. (Insert biggest hugs here!)
- In a way I honestly didn’t expect, I find myself thankful for the season of Lent, for reuniting me with the feeling of prayer. I’m thankful for my Companion books and for God’s words, which have been inspiring me to keep trying.
This week has not been painless, but it has been emotionally productive, a kind that I have been waiting for a long time. I haven’t been grateful in a while, and it’s a good feeling to have.
What I’m Praying for in the Following Week
- I pray for dedication, to stay faithful to what I’m trying to do or be, to keep on praying, to stay honest, and to keep trying all of these.
- I pray for motivation, to help me face the requirements and projects that are waiting for me as the semester ends. I pray for the determination to do them well.
- I pray for gratitude, that I might always have my eye on the things I have rather than the things I don’t.
- I pray that I’ll continue to feel like this: struggling, but happy and hopeful.
My first few weeks of trying to find God again has been a cup of relief and comfort, but I know it will not always be this easy. All I hope is that I will be able to face it.
God’s Most Important Words to Me This Week
- Matthew 7:7 – “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”
- Romans 8:31 – “If God is for us, who can be against us?”
- Be busy loving.
- Be honest, even when others are not.
Thank You Lord, for the past week :)