What I’m Thankful For in the Past Week(s)
- The particular, peculiar happiness that was brought into my life lately.
- The people who have encouraged me and kept me going when all I want to do is lie down and fade into the flooring.
- My wonderful friends from home who lift me up in ways I can’t really describe.
- The occasional bravery that pops into me once in a while. I made a long commute alone! A great first achievement.
- Poetry, poetry, poetry. Thank you for helping me breathe.
- I am slowly going through weeks and weeks of lethargic, jaded hell. I am not entirely sure how I am making it, but it is almost the end of the semester and I am unbelievably grateful for survival.
What I’m Praying for in the Following Week(s)
- The continuing of my survival.
- If I can help it, I am also praying that I might do more than just survive. That I may kick this depression it its ass and hold my head up high again.
- That I may find, in this dark dark time, the will and the strength to run back to God and find comfort in Him the way I used to.
God’s Most Important Words to Me This Week
- A special reminder came to me in the form of a song, “The Sparrow” written and recorded by my beautiful blockmate, Pauline Disuanco. (It’s playing on repeat right now; it makes my heart cry.)
- “As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” (Ephesians 4 : 1-2)
- “The Lord protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me. Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.” (Psalm 116 : 6-7)
Have a blessed Sunday, friends, and an even more wonderful week ahead.