Base image by Eirik Solheim
I know a lot of people who don’t like the rain because it inconveniences people and cancels plans. I’m part of the percentage that romanticizes it. I like how it forces the world to go quiet and people to become human, powerless against bigger forces. Still, I wish that everyone is safe. On this chilly, gray afternoon I have some reflecting to do.
What I’m Thankful For Lately
- Inspiration. It sounds like a strange thing to be thankful for, but since inspiration doesn’t come my way all the time I feel extra-thankful for it.
- Feel-good pamper sessions, be it homemade manicures or massage services.
- The abundance of good books and beautiful words in the universe.
- Chocolate and coffee. They simply make days better.
- Happy movie afternoons.
- Super inspiring people and touching stories.
- Really realizing how far I have come since my dark days.
What I’m Praying For
- More progress. I have this craving for improvement and I want that feeling of fulfillment when it’s done.
- Thesis defense. There, I said it. I will never not be afraid of public/formal presentations and exams. I wish this one goes well.
- Closure with friends. Revival of closeness, if I must.
- A sort of re-acquaintance with myself, especially who I am compared to who I used to be at some point in the past.
- Some unpremeditated affirmation that I am doing something good, right, or well.
- Some kind of hope, whatever it truly means for someone like me to hope.
Words From the Universe
- Work hard. Look forward. Keep going.