This blogging challenge is hosted by Mary of Secret Obsession. Link-up at her blog!
Day one: Share at least five reasons why you blog.
1. When I started blogging on Multiply, I blogged like it was a public message board. I let my thoughts out and I liked that people listened. Occasionally I would put in lyrics, quotes or poetry. I guess in a way, that stayed: I still blog to be listened to.
2. I’ve written (awful) poetry since I was a child, but I didn’t really know I was a decent writer until fifth grade. Now it’s my main ambition in life and my favorite passion: to write. Blogging gives me a place to do that.
3. Also in Multiply days, I had an older friend who wrote thoughtful and meaningful reflections in her blog. I was very inspired by how beautiful her thoughts sounded in certain words, and I wanted to do that too. So I did, and I was hooked. More than the feeling of forming beautiful words, there was something cathartic about the honesty. Though I’ve grown a lot from just copying her style, I know I started out there.
4. Having been blogging for a while means I’m also an avid blog reader. I love discovering new blogs that inspire me to improve my style. It’s one of my main reasons for joining October Daily: networking!
5. I’m running out of reasons, haha. But I do believe I blog because it challenges me creatively. I’ve explored various blogging platforms, themes and styles, and I know I improve in other ways because of it.
I know it’s called The October Daily, but I’m going to say from the get-go that I won’t be posting daily. I’m in the middle of the last two weeks of school, and anyway I never felt comfortable posting days in a row. I might make up for it by answering more than one question in a post, but I don’t think I can post every day.